Tuesday 3 June 2008

Macmillan Book Prize







The last major work I did before the end of the second year was to write and illustrate a book for the Macmillan Book Prize. I wrote my story around something I remember my little nephew constantly doing, which was always asking for milkshake!! This was a tough project. We didn't have to write our own story, but I thought it might make things more interesting if I did. But I didn't expect it to take as long as it would to get the story finalised, which then took a huge chunk out of my time I needed to illustrate the story. But after putting in the extra hours, I managed to finish the images the way I liked. It wasn't at a standard to enter the competition, but I may re-do parts of it for next years competition, or write a brand new story, will have to see nearer the time.

No comments: